Thursday, July 10, 2014

Happy 4th of July!

Happy 4th of July!
Started out the day with the parade. Later in the afternoon we went to the West's home for some swimming, BBQ, and socializing! We stayed there and ate good food and wore ourselves right out! Shon had to go home early because of an injury...made worse from flips off the diving board, water torpedoes, and throwing kiddos. (Later he had it checked out...x-ray said..fractured rib.) Poor Daddy!
In the evening we opted out of the big fireworks show...and went to the join the fun at the Rodriguez home...which was a great decision and ended up being a wonderful show!

This pie throwing was actually July 3rd, but I put it in here because it was a fun memory! It was a fund raiser. you bought the pie, and you got to throw it. Unless you are Cody....he got volunteered because nobody wanted to be the one to actually hit the commander with a pie. Daddy got a pie in the face too, but somehow I missed the picture!

Fireworks

 The kids thought smoke bombs were great fun
Green smoke bomb

white smoke bomb

orange smoke bomb

Yellow smoke bomb...stinky!!!

Shon and the torch

Kali taking a turn with the torch

Swim party! Nathan LOVES the water and we all had a party swimming for hours

No fear....about jumped right in!

Fireworks later that night.  We had about 1000 sparklers to burn through, so everyone was enjoying them

Dancing Kali

We went to a friends house for the show...and there was a bunch of us. It was so much fun. I guess if you can't live close to family, awesome friends are great to have around!

 Mikey, Branson, Cody, Kayla, and Kali, Laneia

The West Family, Rodriguez Family, Buckner Family, Cramer Family, and Conover Family 

They put on a pretty good show. Although the ariels at the end were a little close for my taste. I guess I'm getting old! Cody was jumping out of his seat excited and the girls were just trying to keep their eyes open. We had a very fun day!

1 comment:

  1. Yep, you are so right. If you can't be by family, it is great to have such good friends! But you have to be a friend to have a friend, and I think our little Conover family is just about as friendly as they get!!!! I love you all soooo much! It looks like a very fun 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete