Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Fun with Grandpa and Uncle Danny at Gillis Hills Farm

We LOVED having Grandpa and Uncle Danny come and visit. The kids still talk about you--Kali actually told me today that she wished we could live in Idaho. 

Picking Strawberries

That is one huge field of strawberries! Here we are, heading out. (Shon and Grandpa) 
Kali looking for some big ripe ones:)

Grandpa showing Cody just the right way to pick a strawberry. 

It was a beautiful, HOT day:)

Here comes Uncle Danny sporting Nathan on his back

Kayla thought it was all kinds of fun picking things and not getting into trouble for it!

She usually tagged along with Uncle Danny...her buddy. 
He helped her find the good ones!

They look good--and they tasted even better! mmmmm

Strawberries? 

Shon just ate most of the ones he picked. (actually, we were all eating some here and there--couldn't resist!)

Found a row that hadn't been picked yet!

Uncle Danny and Nathan

Mommy and Kayla

"It is HOT out here!" Welcome to the south Danny!

I gave Danny a break from Nathan so he could find even better strawberries and actually give Grandpa some competition. Turns out bending over to pick strawberries is much harder with a baby on your back! 

The results: 3 "BERRY" full baskets of "berry" yummy strawberries. (note Grandpa's basket wins the prize:)
 Riding back from the field
We got to go on a little wagon ride out to the field and back, which the kids loved! Here are some pics.


He is such a flirt!



Checking out the rest of the farm
It was fun having Grandpa with us to tell us cool farm stories!

Cody petting the bunny

 This farm has a cool history. This family has been farming it since they came over from Scotland in the 1700's. They had some fun old building and farming equipment.

Kayla loved the baby goat

Kali petting the goats.

Any guesses?
DOODLEBUGS

Grandpa had everyone's interest on this one!

He said he had never seen so many in one place! We had a little doodlebug party!

More petting animals

Surprise surprise....Kayla is stuck in the fence. Why is she trying to get in there in first place!!!

Uncle Danny to the rescue.

I love this pic! You guys look great!


Me and my Daddy. I really love him!

Homemade ice cream anybody?


I love these guys:) Shon, Danny, Dad.

There was something very southern feeling as we sat in rocking chairs on the patio of the old farm house eating ice cream! 


And Nathan may have snuck some ice cream in as well.

Here is what we took home!

And.....we ate strawberries with EVERYTHING for the next week! (not that I'm complaining!)


2 comments:

  1. Oh Roxanne, I love all the pics. So much fun with family and I promise not to get jealous....we get to see you soon! Strawberries.....it doesn't get much better than that. The babies are all growing soooooo fast.....Nathan, I can't wait to meet you in person :) lov you all...thank you Roxanne for taking time to post all the pictures, you made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what fantastic pictures! I love them!!! So much fun. I love the one of dad showing you the doodle bugs! I remember when he showed that to me over 43 years ago!. I am so excited to see all of you.

    ReplyDelete