Friday, April 25, 2014

Let the summer begin!

We finally had a combination of Daddy being home, nobody sick, and sunshine! We decided it had been way too long since we'd gotten the boats out. We didn't even get them out once last summer because Shon was deployed and then I had a baby. So the kids were so happy, and so much older now!    It was great that they could sit on their own boat and I could give them their own lunch to keep track of! I love a little independence sometimes:)  
Here is some of the fun 
Kayla just sitting in the boat so anxious to get going

It is a lot of work getting everything together! Way to go Daddy!

Kayla, now joined by Kali...so excited. 

Nathan's first time in a life jacket... and on a boat.  Not so excited.

Kayla loving to paddle with Daddy. She was a great help.....at splashing water all over! :)  Actually she did pretty well most of the time!

Cody and Kali each in their own boat. Shon got a great workout towing all of us! 

I brought a paddle so I could help out, but I never even put it in the water! This little guy was so bugged that life jackets were getting int he way of his snuggling spot!

And it turns out-Kayla had great balance! She stood up while Shon paddled for a good amount of the trip.

He finally snuggled down. Nathan loved watching Shon's paddle go in and out of the water.  

Cody, Kali, Shon, and Kayla

I just love her smile... she was having SO much fun, and feeling like such a big girl.

There were tons of turtles! It was a fun game to see who could find them sunbathing before they jumped into the water. 
Oh look, she finally sat down!

Nope, she was right back up in no time!

What a fun family day we had. I always love coming home and seeing the kids crash from being in the sun and playing so hard. We can't wait to go again! Now is one of my favorite times of the year here because it isn't quite unbearable hot and humid, and the bugs aren't out in full force yet. So pleasant. 
Cody's new favorite book, "illustrated children's bible." He was waiting for me to read it to him, but I guess I wasn't fast enough! Too much fun in the sun I guess!


2 comments:

  1. Shon told me you were out in the boats....I just couldn't wait to see the pics. Thanks for taking the time to share. It hard to believe Cody and Kali are big enough for their OWN boats! Kayla, sit down girl, you're rockin' the boat (ha ha ha) Little Nathan knows what's important....snuggle spot.....and then life jackets. Oh, Roxanne and Shon you guys are the BEST ever! lov mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. so much fun!!! Shon you are a great daddy. So much work for you, but I know you want to build memories. Is there anything that Kaya can't do? She tries them all! Oh, gonna love those teenage years!!

    ReplyDelete