When Grandma and Grandpa Conover were here, we worked on a few outside projects! We transplanted a few bushes and added some flowers to make my front yard look SO much better than it did.
 |
| So grateful for my help! It was hot that week, and I'm so glad Dad is such a great worker.! |
 |
| Grandma picked out the perfect flowers...I love having a flower expert among us! |
 |
| I tried to contribute too.....I know, holding the hose is really hard:) |
 |
| Add some mulch, and ta-da! So much nicer. It has been raining a lot this spring, so the pretty blue blossoms have since faded out, but I know they'll come back:) |
Grandpa also helped me spice up my veggie garden! Thanks Grandpa!!! It was so much fun working with him...I love working outside on projects and making things look nice. He was great company. And Grandma helped watch the kiddos, so I could actually enjoy our time working together. Now when I go into the backyard, I have some fun memories and a great looking garden!
I really didn't do much planting in my veggie garden, though, this year...I was distracted and lost track of time, and then it was a little late to be planting! But, while G/ma and G/pa Conover were here, we did plant some tomatoes and peppers. Then I planted some zucchini and squash. So, at least we have something growing! Cody is especially excited to see it all grow.
 |
| Cody and the garden (my zucchini didn't quite make it!) |
 |
| Picking the first veggies! |
 |
| He thought it was pretty cool that we grew that! (even though he has no intention of actually eating it.) |
 |
| Can't wait until they ripen! |
Oh my holy Cow! look at how big those plants are! I will be there in time for bacon lettuce and tomato sandwiches! I can't wait! Cody we will cook some squash and you will love it!
ReplyDeleteYou're garden is amazing! We haven't even planted anything yet....will this be the year of slackers for us????
ReplyDelete