Sunday, March 24, 2013

Mice in the Shed:)

I go into the shed regularly to get the shovel and scoop dog poop....so it was really obvious to me when the mice moved in. I am amazed at how quickly they made the place their home!!! We have a lot of cardboard boxes from moving and other things that I was sure would be tempting to chew on and destroy, so this was not good. Grrrrrr. Well, the sister missionaries are always asking me if they can help with anything:) I asked how they like mice. It was a fun little service project. The sisters came over Saturday and we cleared out the shed, determined where the little rodents may have come in and sealed everything up nicely. It wasn't so bad until I pulled something out and a mouse ran up my arm and flew past my face! Yuck! We found his friend, too, a little later. 
They had these acorns stashed everywhere....we would move things and they would come tumbling out. The worst was in the rollerblades and snowboard boots. 

More food storage...they must be LDS. 

I swear they couldn't have been in there for more than a week, and you would think it had been all winter.!

Sister McCalister....sweeping away:)

Sister Smith....19 years old...her first week as a missionary! That is kinda crazy to me! 

And there is one of the little guys on the red scraper, look close!
We put out some traps when we got done....just in case they decide to find a way in again! Shon asked if I'd killed the ones we saw....and really, have you ever tried to catch a mouse on the move? Well, they were way to fast for me:) Plus....I have a hard time squishing a spider!

2 comments:

  1. Oh and yuk....I have that same job to do in our back hall...where we stored wheat in what was promised to us to be mice proof bags....yeah, right. Mice are cute but really, do they have to be such pests!!! lov mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ba-ha-ha... it really ran up your arm?!? Sorry about the nasty job...

    ReplyDelete