Monday, February 18, 2013

Happy Birthday Roxanne

I had a great Birthday! The sun came out and we all wanted to be outside, so we went on a hike around Rim Lake (about 10 min from out house). We invited Emma and her Mom Stephanie to come too. Annabelle also loved to be out and jumped right into the lake just for good fun. 
Annabelle, Cody, Emma, Kali

Crossing a few obstacles along the trail.....which just made our adventure even more exciting!
 Later that day we had a little party. Shon sent some flowers and pre-ordered a cake for me to pick up. I do love ice cream cakes:) (and I loved not making my own birthday cake, too.)
Thanks Shon----they are soooo beautiful, and I think they smell wonderful. Cody and Kali both agreed that the red ones are stinky, though. But the orange ones smell yummy. 

a couple days later all the lilies opened up!

Cody was my little helper....he picked the candles and put them in exactly where he thought they should go.

Then he took some pictures for me:) Not bad! While he took pics, I was so focused on him I didn't even notice Kali helping herself to the whole side of the cake. Shon was watching the whole thing from face time and thought it was hilarious:)

So, we all just dug in to make sure it tasted ok. And it did! 
Cody, of course, is always taking care of Kayla and he made sure she got some too.

It was fun that Shon could do face time with us for the little party, (even if it was in the middle of the night for him!). We opened some presents and had a great evening. Thanks for the fun gifts, cards, and birthday wishes from everyone! I love you all so much!

1 comment:

  1. You are just amazing Roxanne. You are always positive, happy and you always look ready for a party! Are you sure I raised you???

    I love the pictures, and am so glad for modern technology that allows Shon to be a part of everything.

    ReplyDelete