We got to the hospital at 7 AM Jan 5. (I admit it is pretty nice being able to schedule the delivery, but given a choice, I'd rather just have Daddy stay home and let the baby come when she wants to:) We drove from NC to VA on the 4th and stayed with our friends the Williams that evening.

(Roxanne, morning of Jan 5, 2012)
Kayla Mickey Conover
Born Jan 5, 2012 at 11:50AM
7 lbs 12 oz
19 1/4 in
Once those contractions started around 9:30, it didn't take long for Kayla to make her way here. I was dilated to a 3 when the Dr. broke my water around 8:30. Before long I was a 9, (around 11) and there was baby's head, just waiting for the green go! The nurse left to go get the Dr. and said, "no pushing, and Shon, don't make her laugh!" We liked our nurse, Becky. She was very nice and friendly to work with. By the time Dr. came in it only took two pushes and she was here!
This pic is a bit out of order, but it shows her hair really well. It looks frosted. I bet you didn't know they have a hair salon here in the hospital for newborns. Actually, her hair is much lighter than Cody's or Kali's was. Her eyebrows are really light too. We still can't decide who she looks like, but I think she looks more like Cody did, than Kali. They change so fast, though!

Happy mommy and brand new baby Kayla.

Daddy always gives the first bath. Go Shon!
LOVE love love the snuggling
They dressed her up in a little bonnet after her bath. So cute.

That evening, Cody and Kali came to visit their new sister. It was SO precious to see them all bond. We are so grateful to the Williams for letting us stay at their house for a few days and also helping take care of Cody and Kali. Such a blessing!
Cody walked in first. He yelled mommy! and ran over to my bed. Then he said, oh, the baby came out! Mommy, look, your tummy got little...(followed by), can I hold that baby? Kali saw the baby and immediately stretched out her arms saying, hold it, hold it peas, hold it!
She squeeled with excitement as she held her little sister. (and she screamed and cried later when we had to give Cody a turn!)
Kayla was very good the whole time!
Cody finally gets a turn. Wow, our family keeps growing!
That is one happy and excited Daddy. He sure loves his kids! (I sure love him!)
Cody was so gentle and sweet. He is a great big brother. He said, I love my sister! We need to keep her, mom.

Kali enjoyed pointing to her nose, head, ears, fingers, and hair. I smiled big when I noticed she was also gently patting Kayla's back as she held her. She already has those mommy skills!
One more fun family pose! Cheese! Such a happy day. Thanks to Kayla, for joining our family.We are excited to get back home tomorrow, (but not so much about the 3 hour drive). I think this is the first time I actually have the baby room set up because we moved a few weeks BEFORE the baby came, instead of right after! We are also feeling very blessed that Kayla came now so that Shon can have a little more time before he takes off to Airborn. And.....we are excited to see Amy and I am REALLY glad she is coming to help out! So much happening! Thanks, too, for all the prayers and thoughts. We love and miss our family and friends so much!
A slice of heaven in your arms.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful baby!
Congratulations!
Oh my goodness, what a beautiful family. I miss being there more than you can imagine. So much love and excitement! I am so grateful all went well. I can finally sleep now that all of my babies are here, safe and sound.
ReplyDeleteI am so grateful for Amy to come and stay with Roxanne. And for Carol and your husband for taking over at your house. THank you so much.
Congratulations Rox! Baby Kayla is beautiful, and your have such a wonderful little family. Love you!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, can there be cuter babies anywhere? She is so beautiful! Glad all is well and you will have a little time together before Shon has to leave. Lots of love!
ReplyDeleteOh little Kayla is so beautiful Roxanne! Congratulations! And i'm so glad to hear that everything went smoothly too. Enjoy your new little one and we can't wait to come meet her. Hopefully sooner than later too :)
ReplyDeleteHuge Congrats and well done Roxanne! What a darling baby!!!! I loved Cody's and Kali's faces... they look delighted with their little sister. Roxanne, i think you are amazing. (Shon, tell her she's amazing). Good luck with everything. We love you all.
ReplyDeleteHoly moly! I didn't know you were even pregnant again! Congratulations on the beautiful little girl. Your family is gorgeous, and I love how much HAIR they've all had! Good luck in the coming days. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat wonderful memories you will always have of little Kayla's beginnings! Your kids are so cute and have so much love to share! We miss you too!
ReplyDelete