Breakfast looking out the window. Kali is learning how to say "cheese" and it makes for some cute shots!Life's not about the amount of breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away.
Thursday, December 22, 2011
New House and Christmas time!
Well, this is our new house! Last Friday was crazy...went to Shon's graduation, did our final check-out and cleared our old house, drove to NC and signed closing papers and got keys to our new house--all in one day! Then, of course we ordered pizza and went to bed on air mattresses! Our stuff came Sunday morning. We were grateful they finished in time for us to jump into some church clothes and make it to most of church. It was fun to meet some people in the ward and "check in" before Christmas Sunday. We have already made some good friends here this week and are excited to get to know them better.
It is so warm here! I went with the kids on a walk this evening and we didn't even need jackets! I think it is even warmer than AZ at this time last year! I guess it gets pretty bad in the summer, though, but we won't think about that.
Shon and Cody checking out the kitchen.
We had a big sleepover in front of the fireplace. Family snuggle time is always the best.
I love my two little kids sooooo much! They really have fun together.
Breakfast looking out the window. Kali is learning how to say "cheese" and it makes for some cute shots!
Who needs to unpack....bubble baths are way more fun! (especially with jets....they make LOTS of bubbles!)
We did eventually get our tree up...a few days before Christmas! Cody loved decorating the tree and was so excited to be finished and turn the lights on. He says over and over..."out tree is really pretty, huh mom! I like the lights!"
Cody helping Daddy put the star on top. We reminded Cody that there was a new star when baby Jesus was born and that Christmas was Jesus's birthday. His quick and serious reply was, "no, mom, it is not Jesus's birthday, it is MY birthday." Well, he turns 3 on the 29th, and I guess he thinks Christmas is for him. We'll have to work on that one.
Today I was feeling especially tired and unmotivated. I was even feeling the Christmas spirit slipping away with all the things that have been going on. I told Shon I was starting to feel a little discouraged with a few things, etc. So, he came back from the store with some Christmas cheer and a yummy box of chocolates. We put on Christmas music and read Christmas stories with the kids. Then I pulled out the box of chocolates and took a bite out of every one of them! I'm having this baby in 3 weeks and if eating chocolates is what gets me through...bring on the goodness. (it was actually really hard not to eat the whole box!) Oh man, they were sooo good. I love my wonderful husband!
So, the next few days should be fun! Merry Chrismas to everyone! We miss you and love you!
Breakfast looking out the window. Kali is learning how to say "cheese" and it makes for some cute shots!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on your new house! It's so cute! Hope you make it through the next few weeks-even if you do have to rely on a box of chocolates. :) Merry Christmas! We love you!
ReplyDeleteRoxanne, I love the new home, it is gorgeous! How fun to have your own place. Good luck with everything that comes along with getting a household set up. I guess you aren't new to it all! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and good luck with the upcoming new baby. I can't wait to see pictures!
ReplyDeleteWow! What a fantastic house! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas. (I think chocolate helps make cute babies). hee hee. good for Shon for knowing what a tired wife needs. Love ya all!
ReplyDeleteOur dear Roxanne...what a wonderful post! Awesome house, now a home with your family in it. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LITTLE (GETTING BIGGER) CODY!!! Couldn't help but be a little jealous of those chocolates....mmmmm! Our prayers are with you and that little one to come soon. Be of good cheer....she's almost here! lov mom
ReplyDeleteAwe sis, you are amazing. You did sooo much in such a small amount of time. YOu are the most optimistic person I know unless it is your wonderful hubby. You two just know how to make it work. I am proud of you. Thank you for you example to me. Love the house.
ReplyDelete