Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Halloween and pumpkins!

Trick or Treat!!! Last year Shon was gone for Halloween, so he was pretty excited to take the kids out and show them how to get the goods! We had Daddy the pirate, Cody the cowboy, and Kali the little princess. Shon said Kali won the votes and got double candy at almost every door with an added..."oh...she's so cute!" I admit, I was a little distracted this year (just getting back from a 3 week trip), and the costumes are quite last minute, so I was pretty proud of how they ended up. (Shon was VERY helpful too!) In the end, it rained all evening, but the kids had fun anyway!
Cody started out earlier determined to be a pirate. We had a great costume made and he wore it for a bit and then said, "now I want to be a cowboy." Sure, why not! I didn't really care what he was as long as he was having fun, so we ditched the pirate, (wish I'd had a pic cuz it was cute!) and became a cowboy (again). But this time Daddy gave him some facial hair and pistols. The funny thing is that he still went around saying "arrrrrrr" and closing one eye like a pirate.
Kali had a sucker in her mouth all night long and was happy as could be. But she ended up crashing on Daddy's shoulder before the night was over. Too much excitement I guess.
They were pretty wet coming home, and tired. My little cowboy sat down and just zoned for a bit, probably thinking about how much candy he was about to eat!

PUMPKIN CARVING PICS!
I was surprised when we went to get pumpkins to carve and the stores were all out! I guess we're not in Idaho anymore. After looking in a few different stores we finally found some, (they only had 10 left!) Daddy threw Cody in the big box and he found the one he liked. SO HEAVY!! He said the big one was for Daddy, then he wanted 3 little ones for everyone else. Kali had no desire to pick it up, she just thought it looked nice.
It was fun to watch Daddy help them get the guts out. Cody said it was gross! When asked if he wanted to grab some he said, "oh, no thank you, it's yucky. You can do it Daddy."
Kali thought it might be fun, then decided it was a little messy for her too. So, thanks to Dad, our pumpkin guts came out!
They loved looking in and kept saying that it smelled good!
Kali tried to eat/lick it a few times.
Since Cody said it was Daddy's pumpkin, we let him choose the design. Of course he picked the hardest one there was! But, I went to work and we came out with a pretty good looking werewolf! The rest of the night Cody said I was mommy wolf and he was baby wolf...and he howled for a long time. Maybe next year we can do a nice happy face!
Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like fun! So you didn't have to go out trick-or-treating in the rain? Lucky! Your pumpkin is pretty cool. How fun for Shon to dress up too!

    ReplyDelete