Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy Birthday Cody!

Cody turned 6 this year and had a great birthday! He invited his friend Brakyn to go get pizza with us and stay the evening. We also invited the Buckner Family over to join the fun. It turned out to be a great party!
I decided at about 1:00 to make a volcano cake. It was a little late in the game, but why not? It actually turned out to be one of the coolest cakes I've ever make, and all the kids loved it! Plus, it was covered with snickers and butterfingers, two of my most favorite candy bars!!!

The little dinosaur nest

Cody told me he wanted a dinosaur cake, but I don't think he knew it came with a volcano!

And this was a LIVE volcano!

The kids were mesmorized!

When everyone went outside, I noticed Nathan sneak up to get a closer look at what all the fuss was about:) By now, the smoke was gone, and it was just bubbling orange lava, (marshmallow cream/corn syrup/water mix) 

Took a break outside to enjoy some sparklers! (kind of random, but we forgot candles, so we just decided to light fireworks instead. Nobody complained:)

 SO happy for his birthday gifts!

Iron man figures!!! 

STAR WARS SHEETS! AWESOME!!!

Science experiments!!!

Nephi toy! YEAH!

REMOTE CONTROL ROCK CLIMBER!!!

SO EXCITED for this day!!!

Group Shot! Even the missionaries joined us for pizza that night, and then stayed for the party. We had a fun group of friends! Cody is very loved:) 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Late birthday Cody! I don't think I have ever seen a bigger smile!

    ReplyDelete