Shon read from the children's BOM tonight. It was the story of Enos praying. Shon was doing a mix of reading the page and just telling the story himself, which is how it ended up funny. It went something like this.
"This is a prophet. His name is Enos and he is praying. He prays for his friends, like Kali! And he prays for his enemies...like...ummmmm (what is an enemy Cody can relate to....) oh, like spiders. (really, I think spiders are Shon's enemy). We pray to Heavenly Father....etc."
So he finished the story and then we had prayer and Shon went up to put Kali to bed while I tackled Cody.
Cody went over and still wanted to read his BOM so I watched as he opened up to the story of Enos and started to retell. I started laughing when I heard..
"this man prays. He prays for the spiders. but spiders aren't really mean, they is nice."
That's about all he remembers from the story of Enos---that he prays for the spiders. Go Daddy!
Cute - at least he got the message to pray (even for something as insignificant as spiders) out of it!
ReplyDeleteThat is soooo funny! I like the part that spiders aren't really mean. That makes me smile, cause I just know that Cody can't find a mean thing about anyone, or anything!
ReplyDeleteBa-ha-ha! So stinkin' cute!
ReplyDelete