Going on walks are very fun now that it has cooled off enough that being outside is bearable.

This day we happened upon an unsuspecting tractor. Cody thought it was Christmas to be able to touch it!

Parks, parks, and more parks. There are many within walking distance, so we rotate and get some variety.

FHE!! We do things together alot, but we actually had a lesson and a treat and it was very nice! (Especially the treat part!)

Cody only ate half of his....then later that night Daddy finished it off:)

Yummy!!!!

I also got brave and made pizza...and it turned out sooooo tasty. We invited friends over to help us eat it and played games. So much fun!

What luck...Danny decided to come and visit! He's been here a over a week now, and we are LOVIN' having him here. Of course we went exploring down the river.
Shon was so nice and took both the kids so I could actually paddle on the smaller boat and play too. He's much better at paddling than me!
Cody loves his little seat in the back. The rivers here are awesome. It feels like you are in the Amazon or something---just waiting for the crocodiles to show up.
This is my latest project. I found this dresser for 5 bucks and decided it was time I had a place for the kids' clothes. So, I got the neighbor girls that we have been babysitting to scrape all the paint off, then Danny was nice enough to sand it....and we all painted. I was grateful for all the help! That made the project go much quicker and now I'm using the result and loving it.
Go Cody!
Danny painting. I ordered cute drawer knobs that still haven't gotten here. When they do, I'll snap an after shot so you can see how cool it looks!
Then, of course, we survived the 6 point earthquake followed by hurricane Irene in all her furry. Much of the area is still without power. We were only without it for two days and a night, so I feel pretty blessed. There are trees down everywhere. This branch is huge...but actually quite small compared to some of the trees that got up-rooted!
I went to the store to get bread and this was the bread aisle. Yeah, we didn't get any. Oh well. We didn't really NEED it because we had plenty of other things to eat.
So, that was a whole lot for two weeks--things have stayed pretty busy around here for sure. We are looking forward to VA in the fall, although the kids and I will be missing a good chunk of it when we come home in October for a visit. Can't wait to see everyone! Love you lots!
Wow... you have been busy! Your pizza looks SO GOOD! You have been in our thoughts and prayers this last couple weeks. I'm glad the power outage wasn't too bad for you. That's a little freaky to see the store shelves like that. Hope we get to see you in Oct. Keep having fun.
ReplyDeleteGlad you survived the natural disasters! How fun to have Danny staying with you. I wish I could come eat dinner and dessert with you once in a while. Looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, I can't believe how much Kali has grown. Wow! Now, don't sound disappointed about missing a little bit of Va fall. We have beautiful Falls in Idaho too! I love the river sis, I think I could enjoy doing a trip down it.
ReplyDeleteI love how you are always so positive and you always have been :) Roxanne knows how to make the sun shine even when it's raining! And random thought- Roxanne, if I were casting the Hunger Games, you would be Katniss.
ReplyDelete