Now, back to the climbing wall....we put Kali's little footprints on one wall to add to the fun.
Cody and Shon had fun saying, Can we build it? Yes we can! (over and over while they worked)
Go Cody Go! I love how he is squinting in the bright sun. He is taking his work so seriously!

Slowly it came together.
This is the latest painting, and one of my favorites!!! THE SPACE WALL.


Then we decided to put it up on the patio in the back, instead of the driveway, so the neighbors didn't have to stare at it everyday. (and we are hoping for rain.)
Well, last night we were supposed to go to a "movie under the stars" in the city park. We picked up the pizza and were ready to go when we realized they'd cancelled it due to the fire. So we had a party at our house instead. It was fun! We finally got the wall set up and we had rootbeer floats and stayed up late! (it was a full house, though---6 adults, and 10 kids). It was so fun watching the kids climb all over the wall and have a good time. I couldn't take pics because it was dark, though. Then it was even more fun watching the men challenge each other with a game of add-on until their muscles were worn out. I'm not sure who had more fun-the kids, or the guys! Anyway, so much has been going on that it was nice to just have good friends over and relax for a bit, laugh, and let the kids go crazy! I'll get some pics next time we invite them over.
You are so inspiring- I love rock climbing! I've been thinking of getting back into it. If we ever have a yard or a house I'm going to have Steve make me a wall and we'll get your plans :)
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your move!