We sure did miss out on the snow last year while we were in Arizona! I didn't clear off my car for a couple of days and it sure built up fast!
Cody and Grandpa on the BIG pile!
We had tons of fun getting Christmas trees this year. There was more snow than ever and it made the walking much harder, but it was so beautiful! Unfortunately I wasn't strong enough to carry Cody and walk in the deep snow at the same time, (it was thigh high!) So Cody hung out with Grandpa while we tree hunted deep in the woods.
We made our own little trail into the trees and it made the walking much easier.
Alex and Emily
Ben found his tree!
Danny helped with ours!
I'm grateful for brothers that carry big heavy trees for me. (Brad helped too!)
I was exhausted after a very long day, but it was so much fun. We are so excited for Daddy to come home and help us put the tree up and decorate it. He should be here in a couple of days!
wow, you are quick to post! I just get goose bumps looking at everyone. We really did have a lot of fun. Haven't had a Christmas Tree year like this in a long time. Not only lots of snow, but cold too. The kids didn't seem to care, they just played and played!
ReplyDeleteLove the adventure of going Tree shopping...And the smell of them in the home. Makes Christmas time just right. This looks like so much fun.
ReplyDeleteOh, I miss those days...now I just pull the tree out of the garage, not nearly as fun! Looks like we wont be able to make it up that way to see Shon :( So sad but we will be thinking of you guys having so much fun together!
ReplyDeleteI love hunting for real trees! How fun that you got to go with your brothers!
ReplyDeleteLooks like fun! I'm so excited for you to have Shon coming home to help decorate the tree. What a wonderful early Christmas present!
ReplyDeleteToday is arrival day.....I can't imagine how excited everyone must be. I can't wait!
ReplyDeleteTree hunting brings back so many fun memories of past years....yah, us too, Melly, we just open up the big box now and haul out the old and not so smell good tree...but what the heck, it's still a tree. lov mom