Happy Birthday Shon!
We had a little party for Shon last month before he left and these are some of the pics.
It was fun having family there too! Kids always make birthday parties better:) And, thanks, Grandma for the balloons!
Cody and Superman Dad!
Today I have been thinking about Shon because, well, it's his birthday! (give or take) I think he is amazing and I wanted to share a few of the things I love about him.
Things I love about my best friend, Shon.
He works hard to support our family.
He calls me sometimes when he can't make it home for lunch, just to say I love you.
He never eats all the ice cream in the freezer...but always leave a little for me so that I can have the last bit.
He plays with Cody after work and has us all laughing and exhausted from tickling and running around the house.
He listens to my endless thoughts right before bed when I'm sure he'd love to fall asleep.
He helps me do the dishes after dinner, (and I know dishes are his least favorite house chore!)
He compliments me often and notices when I dress up or put on perfume.
He usually brings an extra jacket or warm clothes on walks because I usually forget and he knows I always get cold.
He holds my hand in the car, and whenever else he gets a chance.
He tells me I'm his most favorite person and best friend---and I know he means it.
He likes to be fun and adventurous, and loves to play on the kids toys at Leo's place, (or anywhere really!)
He loves giving, sharing, and helping others to be happy.
I could go on and on about how blessed I am to be married to such a wonderful man. He has a strong testimony and a loving heart. He works hard and plays hard. I am grateful for the short time we've been married and so glad for the time ahead to have crazy adventures and do great things together. I get to know him better each day, and it's a lot of fun. Thank you Shon for who you are, and who you strive to be. I love you. Happy birthday!
So Sweet!
ReplyDeleteWow, I think your tribute to Shon is beautiful. He is a wonderful person, but he is also very lucky to have such a lovely, devoted wife, that can see those qualities. I am a very lucky mom to love you both! Lots of tears on this one! It was a fun birthday, and an awesome cake. Way to go Carol
ReplyDelete