Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Baby on the Way!

I just wanted to change my background because I was getting pretty excited for a new baby! We went to the doctor yesterday and things are looking good. I was dilated to a 3 plus and he said this baby is on her way. We elected to schedule an induction and will go in Thursday morning at 6 to get things started! (yep, that's tomorrow!) It's not my first choice to bring little baby early, but after praying for months and considering lots of different things, Shon and I both felt like this would be the best choice. The funny things is, that months ago I told Shon that I had an impression the baby would come early, whether on her own, or with some help, and that I felt like she would come on May 20th. (the due date is the 26th). I thought that was a little specific to think of an exact date, so I didn't dwell on it too much. But, as time went on, that date stuck in my mind and I still felt like that's when she would come. I decided it didn't really matter. (partly my lack of faith made me not want to be disappointed if she came on another day:) Then after talking to the doctor, he called the hospital to see what would be available and came back in. He said, how does Thursday Morning, 6AM feel for you? My first thought was, that's May 20th! I knew right away it was the right day! I think Heavenly Father must have known it would be a hard decision for me to feel good about, so He had to help me out a little! I'm so grateful for all our blessings. It is sometimes hard to even comprehend how blessed we are. I love my family so much and am so grateful for their love and encouragement. I feel like the luckiest person alive. Thank you everyone for your support and prayers. Thank you for your sacrifices and examples to me. I look forward to bringing a new little spirit into our family...she has been very "actively" reminding me how much she wants to come out and see the world. Tomorrow will be exciting!!! I can hardly wait.

6 comments:

  1. How exciting! There is nothing as wonderful as the feeling of having a new little spirit in your family. I can't wait to see her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome Roxanne! We'll be praying that all goes well tomorrow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our prayers are with you an baby! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, what a beautiful testimony sis. And now it is today, the 20th. Your precious bundle is here, and I haven't even seen a picture. I so wanted to be there, but I was with you all morning. I am glad all went well. We are blessed, yes, we are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to see pics. I hope all went well for you and baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're thinking about you all! Big hugs from all of us to you. We love you

    ReplyDelete