Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Broken leg!

Since Shon is going to Afghanistan, we made one last fun trip up north to visit the fam. We got in to Idaho Falls around dinner Saturday night, and just before dinner on Sunday--Cody broke his leg going down the slide at the park. We took him in Monday and x-rays confirmed his hairline fracture on the tibia. So, they put him in a splint or soft cast for the week. He really was a trooper. It's no fun to see all your cousins running around and not be able to join them! But he still had a good time after we got it fixed and of course the drugs helped :)

Playing at Leo's with cousin Treyton
Savanna and McKinley...Cody is so loved!

We went and fed the geese at the river. I think Cody ate more bread than he actually gave to the geese, but it was tasty bread!

We were grateful for the nice weather too!

We headed to Utah Wed. and had tons of fun with everyone there---and I mean a houseful of fun! I loved watching Shon goof around with his brothers. He was so happy and had so much fun. I was having so much fun watching them I didn't even take any picures! The girls went shopping and with everyone's help, we even made a baby blessing dress. Thanks mom and all you other helpers. I am so excited and it turned out so beautiful. (I'll post a picture of it later)

We got home late Sunday night and Monday morning took Cody in for the real cast. He has it on for two more weeks and then more x-rays and they'll put a smaller, walking cast on after that. It doesn't seem to slow him down too much, though.

I came into the kitchen and Cody had found pen and all by himself was trying to write on his cast. I thought that was so funny! Of course he and Annabelle are buddies and they hang out together all the time.

7 comments:

  1. wow, your are fast! Neat blog. Cute little boy! Fun time. I am so proud of you Roxanne. You had a "spinning" weekend,and you were awesome.Your have so much stress, and you are such a good sport. I know this is hard, and having Cody in a cast is not easy either. It just seems to rain and pour. I love you. Hey, how come they didn't color his cast? should be a cool blue!! This is your mom, since i can only comment as anon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So great to have you guys here for a few days. We loved it. Please come see us when you come up this way when Shon is gone. We would love to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cody is such a stud! That is so funny that he was writing on his cast. We loved hanging out with you all. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He has the skinniest leg, or at least it looks that way in the cast for some reason. He used to be such a chubby little baby! Glad you made it home safe and sound and that Cody is hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor little guy! What a trooper! If you come up here when Shon is gone, call me. We'd love to see you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roxanne, We loved so much your visit in Utah. Those brothers can never get enough 'rough-housing' together and Shon is usually the ringleader....Yes, you are Shon!
    I worry about you lifting that 'big' little Cody all the time and wish we were there to help more. Your picts are always so darling and I love that you keep us updated. I loved working with you on Callie Anne's (if that who she turnes out to be ") )blessing dress. She will be the belle of the ball that special day. Love you so much ...mom

    ReplyDelete