Sunday, May 24, 2009

Arizona!

Well, I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted something! We have been in AZ about a week now and still working on getting stuff together. The last month was so busy and so fun. I have so many cool pictures I want to post from our awesome adventures visiting the fam and traveling across the United States, but half of them are on Shon's camera which I don't have right now. Anyway, I'll just post a few current ones and try to highlight some past adventures in the next little while. We got to Fort Huachuca last Friday, but our stuff didn't come until Monday, so we had an empty house for the weekend and actually ended up staying in a motel on base. Then moving our stuff in was craziness. It's great having the army pack and move your stuff, but I'm not a fan of how it was packed. Shon's speakers and receiver are messed up. Our couch and chair weren't packed right so they got really dirty and torn. Anyway, most everything was good, I guess I should focus on that :). Hopefully the insurance will cover a few things. We are really blessed to have one of the nicer homes on base. It's 3 bedroom, 2 bath. 15 something sq. ft. But--the army doesn't do carpet. So, we're investing in some rugs. Our whole house is tile...not the nice tile, the kind you'd find in an elementary school in the wet area, or in a church bathroom. Yeah. The weather is really nice here, though. I love sitting outside or going on walks in the evenings. We do have AC which is awesome. This is the desert, but there's some "mountains" around. The elevation is about 5000 ft I think. Anyway, this is really long, so I'll put some pictures in and let you go. Things are going well. We're adjusting and so happy to finally have a place to call home. We love and miss everyone very much!
I took this picture out of my sunroof while we were driving. It really was a pretty drive! It was hard having 2 vehicles, but we did it!

Cody and Annabelle are making friends

I love my boys!

Cody finally graduated from the pack and play and got his crib set up! Yeah! Now we just need to find the 6-9 month box of clothes. (thanks Corri!)

We had FHE last week and Cody loved helping. He lead the music and helped with the lesson. Then we went for a walk. I love our little family!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you made it to Arizona safely. I want to see a picture of your house and surroundings. It is fun to be able to see what you are doing via your blog! Keep up on the posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a treat to see your blog this morning! Roxanne you are such a special person. I love you to pieces. I am so proud of you. You are a lonnnnng ways away, but we will stay close. Thanks for the pictures, what a little prince charming you have, and I don't mean Shon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeay...I'm glad you are finally somewhat settled. I'm sure you will love it there. Life is always good with a home of your own and your with the ones you love!

    ReplyDelete